terça-feira, 25 de junho de 2013

Change


From where I stand, one of the things we fear the most is to change. We are afraid of what we don't know and, most of the time, too scared to try and see what is going to happen. Why are we so scared of the unknown? I wish I knew, really...

I just watched a movie where seven different people decide to change their lives somehow. This change is impulsed by different and impacting situations in their lives, and suddenly they all see themselves living together in another country miles from home, with different people, a strange culture and, most important, their own fear that things won't go exactly as they wanted it to be. In one of the best lines for the scene, the eternal Professor McGonagall says something that, giving my current moment in life, brought some light to my thoughts:

- I'm not sure what I'll do. Nothing here has worked out quite as I expected.
- Most things don't. But, you know, sometimes what happens instead is the good stuff.

Well, I'll try to keep that in mind. Also, a note to self: stop planning ahead!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário